Friday, February 8, 2008

I bet you didn't know...

SCUBA divers cannot pass gas at depths of 33 feet or below.

Lets analyze, shall we?

First of all, I am not a SCUBA diver and have never been SCUBA diving before. Does this mean that I would be able to pass gas at depths of 33 feet or below? Doubtful.

I'm not sure SCUBA diving is something I would enjoy. I would try it if the opportunity ever presented itself, but its not something I really want to pay much money to do.

Passing gas is not something I really enjoy either, although I have done it before. I would go so far as to say I've done it several times. I have probably done it in a pool or a lake at depths of up to 5 or 6 feet. I don't recall that being much of a problem at all.

I'm guessing that at around 33 feet the pressure of the water is so great that nothing would be able to escape the body. Do you think it would be possible for someone to train their body to overcome this pressure? Can you picture some guy, like that freaky dude Criss Angel, training to fart at depths of 33+ feet? I can, the guy is a complete nutso. I would love to know what the training regimen involves.

Do you think you could get your name in the Guiness Book of World Records for that? I would guess that you could.

May I suggest that the next time you go SCUBA diving, make sure to let it all out at 32.9 feet or be prepared to hold it.

5 comments:

Tres Quatro said...

This is really fascinating stuff... I don't play on being 33 feet deep at anytime soon, but if I ever do go there, I will think about squirmy's pops. I can't wait till Baseball season to get some post regarding the evil empire and fun stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure this is not true, although I have never actually looked at my depth gauge to check how deep I was when the extra bubbles came out. I'll have to experiment...

mlbdaddy said...

Hollie, please do experiment and please do report back.

Anonymous said...

bacteria, what?

kelly fenstad said...

UMMM... BACTERIA WHAT WAS SO LAST SEASON. NEW POST.