Wednesday, April 2, 2008

WCT MATCHUP #4 - PAT vs DICK

MATCHUP #3 RESULTS: Match-up #3 easily went to Justin. Marney didn't have the support of the female vote and as a result got completely lambasted in the polls. She might have lost this battle, but the gift she recently received should at least slightly make up for her not being crowned the Whats Cooler Tourney champion. I would like to send my most sincere congratulations to Marney as she recently gave birth to a baby boy. Way to go Marn!!


Pat vs Dick

Pat Neshek is cool. The dude does his own thing, doesn't seem to really care what other people think of him, and throws sidearm. He has his own blog and had it well before it became 'the thing' for professional athletes to do. This man is a pioneer. If you read his blog long enough you will see red, your eyes will pulsate, and you might even become a vegan. Pat is a vegan and does not eat Sour Patch Kids.

Pat is the only Twin on my fantasy baseball team. He has three strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA in one inning pitched. My fantasy team it called The Skinny16's. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers throughout the season.

Pat has a very peculiar delivery to the plate. Supposedly he developed his signature style after an arm injury back in high school made it impossible for him to throw over the top. MLBDaddy thinks the dude is just a different sort of Cat and is a bit wacked out in everything he does. He's also one of the best short relievers in the game.

Dick Bremer is a Minnesotan through and through. He is also a bit of cheeseball. Who am I kidding here, he is more than a bit of a cheeseball. But that doesn't mean he isn't cool.

Dick is the play-by-play man on the Twins television broadcasts and has been working as a Twins broadcaster for 24 years. He gets to chill with Bert on a regular basis. For fans that just don't get it, they are one of the most highly entertaining broadcasting duos in all of baseball. For example, last night I learned that Dick once gave Bert a brick for his birthday.

Dick has never said one negative thing about the Twins organization in his life. Clearly, he is a realist, because lets face it, has there every been anything negative to say about the Twins? Only Dick could make Alex Cole sound like the greatest center fielder to ever play the game, and for that, you gotta love the guy.

So let's review. Pat Neshek is a non Sour Patch Kid eating blogger. His blog has a solid red background that may cause seizures. His fastball tails in to right handed hitters and his slider is filthy. GO SKINNY16's!! Dick Bremer is a homer and his first name is Dick. If he was your friend he would give you lavish birthday gifts. He honestly thinks that Sidney Ponson was an outstanding pitcher while he was with the Twins.

Happy voting!

12 comments:

Tony Gjerdahl said...

I definitely gotta go with Pat Neshek here. He's a funny, april fool's day celebrating, nice guy. Check out his blog entry from Tuesday, April 1st and you'll see what I mean. I'm not sure I agree about him not eating Sour Patch Kids, however.

mlbdaddy said...

I had to provide this quote to everyone who might be reading this as further illustration of a point I tried to make in my Matchup #4 summary. This comes from Aaron Gleeman's blog...

"Punto made a bare-handed putout at third base that had Dick Bremer screaming in ecstasy"

Anonymous said...

I vote for Dick. Whenever I hear his voice I think "Twins."

Anonymous said...

Gotta go with Pat N. in this contest. Mostly because of his uniqueness and the fact the Dick B. is a bit too much of a Twins corporate voice.

Anonymous said...

I am going with Pat. Not only is he one of the best set up men in the game but he comes across as a down to earth friendly Minnesotan. Also, Dick wasn't even a part of the single most memorable Twins pre-game moment when Bert dropped the F-Bomb. Anthony Lapanta had to cover for Bert because Dick wasn't in the booth that fine day at Yankee Stadium.

Mel said...

I agree with Anne, when I hear Dick's voice I think "Twins" as well, but I'm gonna have to go with Pat getting my vote this time around...he's young, exciting, and could be a great thing for us this season!

Hilary said...

I vote for Neshek, even though I hurt every time he throws a pitch...it's fascinating to watch. As a side note, I see you have commented about Punto and everyone made fun of Punto at our draft...I tried to stick up for him because of his skills in the field...nonetheless, I did not draft him...but I gave a lot of people shit after last night's play...I'm the only girl in our league and I have to let people know when I'm right. He has some redeeming qualities. Anyways, thanks for the props for Mauer and Liriano...obvs Liriano hasn't done anything yet, but I saw him pitch 1.5 innings in Ft Myers against the Red Sox and it was awesome...I have faith. Go Twins!!

Tres Quatro said...

Voting for Dick, Pat usually shuts down the yanks

Anonymous said...

Dick wins he eats meat that makes him much better of a person

jenny said...

i'm voting for pat. i'm not that into sour patch kids either.

beanski said...

I'm really torn on this one because Neshek is sort of a big deal but I'm going with Dick. Mostly just because he goes by the name Dick and you have to be a special person to go by the name Dick.

Anonymous said...

I'm tempted to change my vote after todays grand salami given up by Pat.