Friday, July 24, 2009

Naming a Baby, Naw, Let's Name A Pontoon Boat

So... MLBDaddy is going to be a daddy times 2 here in the next two months or so. A lot of thought has been going into the name for the second child. It's kinda a girl thing though, so most of the decision is going to be left up to MLBMommy.

Anyways, I figured why should I let MLBMommy have all the fun coming up with sweet names. So what I have decided to do is give the family pontoon boat, which makes its residence at the MLBFamily cabin property, a name that can live on forever in the history books.

Problem: I kinda have a few ideas for a name, but none of them are that great.

So here's the deal: I want to give my readers the chance to propose a name for the MLBFamily pontoon. Please submit your name idea in the comments section. I will gather all suggestions (hopefully there is at least one) and include them in the list I am currently contemplating. The list will then be presented at the next MLBFamily gathering and voted on for approval. If your name is chosen, you and a guest will be invited to the MLBFamily cabin for a christening of a new sign which will hang from the pontoon bearing the new name for the pontoon.

Here is a picture of the vessel for inspiration:


13 comments:

Tres Quatro said...

Ellen

anne said...

I'm going to go with Walleye Bob 19.

beanski said...

I'm going with Lil' Hobo.

I win?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Large Marge

joepa said...

the sunny deck
sunny destroyer
fish slayer
supernatural fishslapper (http://www2.10000boatnames) - couldn't resist
walleyetown
party barge
the alden queen
the flying wasp

kelly said...

dynamo.

dutchess.

mean jean.

maeva.

or.. just kstyle.

jenny said...

the bobber.
berrisboard.
speck tackler.
barely a wake.
grumby.

lizzie young said...

would said winner also get a ride on the boat?

Anonymous said...

The Chillaxin’ Dinghy

The Berrisford Bateau

Freakshow’s Wife

If I can only submit one, I am going to have to go with Freakshow's Wife.

megan said...

"the wayne-o"

"berth control"

"vest patrol"

Meaghan K said...

My Cousin Robby

Or just Robby for short would do

mlbdaddy said...

I figured I'd better throw a few of my own into the mix...

Porta Party
Reel Style
SeaQuester
Seas'n Ticket
BerrisBarge (partially stolen from Jenny's suggestion)
BerrFoot Barge
Constant Chaos
Cause For Divorce
Don't Tell Mom
All For Knot
Sunny Searcher
Barely Buoyant
The Bobtoon

Brandon said...

Your blog is officially trash. If you ask for the public to share their thoughts and propose names for the boat and pick your own submission, you are truly a cousin robby.

What the author of this blog should do is to go slide head first into first base, read ESPN the magazine and watch Tiger Woods. By engaging in those three activities, he will then know my feelings for this blog.