Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wednesday What's Cooler: Being Alex Trebek OR Being Pat Sajak?



ALEX

PAT


I've spent a few hours of my life watching Jeopardy and a few hours watching Wheel of Fortune. Both are decent shows which can hold my attention and both have fascinating hosts which can hold the attention of just about anyone.

Alex Trekek has been the host of Jeopardy since 1984. He can speak German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, and is fluent in English and French. He used to have a mustache. I'm fairly certain the man has never been wrong about anything in his life. He once said... "It's very important in life to know when to shut up. You should not be afraid of silence." Right on Alex, you are one wise Canadian born American.

Pat Sajak has been the host of the night time version of Wheel of Fortune since 1983. He has never scored with Vanna White. Before writing this little entry I pretty much thought of him as a flamer. But then I found out he likes baseball. He even wrote on his own website a thank you to the sport. What I am saying here is that this guy rules. And if you have the cash, this dude can get you any vowel you want. Not many people can say that.

This is a hard one for me. Both Alex and Pat have some pretty sweet jobs, are smooth talkers, and I'm sure would represent themselves well on Dancing with the Stars. The baseball fan factor gives Pat some major bonus points in my book. But there is something about Alex that makes me think he has a little bit of the Chuck Norris "I'm going to kick all sorts of ass and take names" in him. For that reason, I have to go with him.

MLBDaddy's Final Analysis: Being Alex Trebek is cooler than Being Pat Sajak.

One final did you know... Alex Trebek's one and only appearance hosting Wheel of Fortune (in 1987) was part of an April Fools Day switcheroo with Pat Sajak.

Alex spinning Pat's wheel! This boggles my mind.

8 comments:

lib said...

i vote for alex based on the SNL skit, but i also vote for teen jeopardy so i know all of the answers!

Kim said...

I like Pat Sajak. I actually think he's pretty funny, and I don't think it's all just scripted, because he makes the comments based on what the contestants do or say. Although, they did just show a montage recently where he was telling the same joke throughout the years. But that was pretty funny too.
Alex seems like SUCH a know-it-all. ;)

Anonymous said...

hi

Unknown said...

You know who's not cool.. Bob Sagget. Worst guy ever to grace the TV.

Carrie said...

My friend's mom went on WOF once and said Vanna was nice and Pat was a big jackass. I think Alex would be nice to everyone because even if they leave with -$200, he is still very cordial with them. Plus, his job would be SO much more interesting, dontcha think?

jenny said...

i vote for alex because pat looks a little like a duck to me.

Anonymous said...

I like Alex better. Pat is an uber-cheeseball. And he gives off that greasy vibe of the middle-aged guy in the office who tries to flirt with all the young women.

Tres Quatro said...

this post is too retarded to even comment on...