Thursday, March 27, 2008

WCT MATCHUP #3: MARNEY VS JUSTIN

MATCHUP #2 RESULTS: Thanks for all the votes and interest. Joe won Matchup #2 in a total blowout. I think Dan only got three votes. Shows how far being a World Series champ and beer endorser will get you in life. As in American Idol, if you don't have the looks, you have no chance. With that in mind, we segue into a match-up of two individuals who can stand up against anyone in terms of hotness...






Marney

Justin


Marney Gellner is quite a specimen. My leg brushed against the small of her back once. The day was August 18, 2007. MLBMommy and I spotted a woman on the stairs, in the upper deck, behind home plate, at the dome, who I thought right away, might be Marney . Naturally, I had to get a closer look to verify my suspicions. She was crouched down in the aisle talking to a man sitting in the first seat of a row about halfway up the section. My heart skipped a beat. As I passed her by on my way down the aisle, several people were making their way up the aisle, and I had no choice but to slide between the two. As I did so, my leg brushed against the back of THE ONE, THE ONLY, MARNEY GELLNER.

Marney is from North Dakota. She went to high school in Minot where she played basketball, volleyball and softball. I read somewhere that she likes to golf but I couldn't find any further proof. Marney also "has a Dixie Chicks CD in her car at all times." She sometimes covers the Twins as a sideline reporter although I believe that her duties have been limited over the last few years. I think she has a secret crush on Ron Coomer, but based on some things I have heard she might also have not-so-secret crushes on multiple players on the Twins, Wild, Vikings, and Timberwolves.

Justin Morneau hit two homers the day MLB was born. I think at this point that makes him MLB's favorite player. Justin has curly hair and used to play hockey. The dude is Canadian, eh? He once sported fake side burns during batting practice to poke fun at his Jimmy Johns eating buddy Joe Mauer. Justin and Joe used to live together and after reading an article in ESPN The Magazine that chronicled their lives, I was homo suspicious of them both. The article included this...

'He'd taken a room in Mauer's house in St. Paul at the outset of the season, and during the next homestand, the two of them drove there after games, flopped into the comfy chairs in Mauer's home theater and flipped between the Travel Channel and the Discovery Channel. "I really never left the house after that," Morneau says.'


My suspicions were recently nixed when I found out Justin was marrying this chick.

Justin won the MV freakin P award back in '06. Not sure he really deserved it, but at least the biggest Jag in the world didn't win, so that made it extra sweet. Hopefully the dude mashes some doubles and bizzombs this year.

So let's review. Marney Gellner is by far the hottest sideline reporter for the Twins. I'm not sure that qualifies her as hot, but roll with me here, ok? Justin Morneau dropped multiple bombs to make a great day in the life of MLBDaddy even better. I'll bet he doesn't have any Dixie Chicks CD's in his car.

Happy Voting!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a tough one for me. Guess I'll give a slight edge to Marney for being a down-to-earth Minnesota style reporter. It's also hard to find fault with a power-hitting Canadian who plays for my favorite team. I too could wax eloquently about my Reno Nevada "brush" with a famous baseball personality, but I'll save that for another time.

Anonymous said...

i'm voting for justin, because i'm still a little suspicious of how EXCITED you were when you came back to your seat after that marney brush.

Anonymous said...

Now that Johan has defected, Justin is my new favorite player. Marney is not even hot. Besides, chicks shouldn't announce sports. I vote Justin all the way.

leeks said...

I vote Justin. He dominated the Gulf Coast Rangers in 2000

Travis said...

despite the "eau" being a dead give away that he must have some french in his blood, i'm gonna have to chalk another vote up to justin.

beanski said...

I think anne and I share a brain. I miss Johan already. I will never understand people thinking Mauer is hotter than Morneau. NO. FREAKING. WAY. It's a crying shame he's gettied married.

Anonymous said...

morneau all the way...he's been my 'twins boyfriend' for a long time! i'm with beanski, i think morneau is hotter than mauer! here's to another season of MVP.

jenny said...

i'm voting for a real hottie - justin. his skills are just a bonus.

TY said...

My vote is for the hot Canadian and his bat...ting skills.

Austin Powers best stated what I think of Marney...That ain't no woman! It's a man, man! Next time instead of just brushing up against her, you might want to give her wig a tug.

Mel said...

This isn't even hard. Justin. He's hot, he can rock the ball, and he's hot....what more can you ask for?!;)

Tony Gjerdahl said...

Morneau is good, but my vote is for Marney. I'm a little jealous of you for getting to brush up against her. I bet that's what it feels like to win the World Series.
Besides, we don't want this tournament turning into a sausage fest, do we? No wonder women can't seem to get ahead in this world--their own kind won't even help each other out! :)

Anonymous said...

My Vote is for the big hot dude with a big bat. And he has that MVP thing not bad.

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked you didn't mention that Marney gave birth to a son only days ago.

Mo said...

My vote is for Marney even though she has probably been tainted by many a Twin.

Unknown said...

I have a soft spot for canadians (i.e. Zanni and Fu), my vote is for justin

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Justin. Besides the fact that he, like Joe Mauer, is hot, I just don't think Marney has what it takes to hold her own later in the game going against people like Bert and Joe.