Wednesday, April 9, 2008

WCT SEMI-FINAL ROUND MATCH-UP #2: JUSTIN vs. PAT

SEMI-FINAL MATCH-UP #1 RESULTS: Why this match-up was a blowout sorta baffles me. I guess that not enough of the FSN watching grandma's who seem to love Bert are reading and voting on this blog. Bert only got two votes. This outcome saddens MLBDaddy because I think that it would have been fun to write to Bert and tell him he was the winner. I think he would have honestly been proud. But such is life. Also, "HE IS HOT" is no longer a valid justification for a vote in the What's Cooler Tournament. I've let it slide too long, but I can't sit idly by for another minute... no more "Joe is hot, he gets my vote" cause that is cousin robby. I'm not trying to say you can't vote for someone because you think they are hot, I'm just saying I don't want to hear about.

Moving along...


Justin vs Pat

Justin is HOT, and I am a fifth grade girl. So now that's out of the way let's figure out if he is cool.

Justin has a pretty darn sweet website. He thinks that he can hit the ball farther than Krash but I'll put 5 bucks on #28 from CSS in a home run derby. Krash, you get to swing aluminum.

Justin is clearly Canadian and MLBDaddy used to thoroughly enjoy the cherry flavor. Do they still make that drink?

When Justin was 16 he reached a crossroad in his life. He had to choose between pursing a life as a puck stopper in hockey or a ball masher in baseball. The curly haired, tall guy chose wisely. The hockey playoffs are not even on network TV. What does that say about how sweet that sport is.

Pat Neshek's blog is still red.

Today I read this from his blog...

"Other things about signing, I love signing before the game outside the dome and my favorite place to sign is in the bullpen about 8-20 mins before the game...Just come down to the bullpen and give me a shout. I heard they are selling my t-shirts at the dome, if you pick one up be sure to stop down and have me sign it."

I wish that MLB was a bit older because we would for shizzle be making a trip down to the bullpen to hit Pat up for an autograph. Not a lot of players actually enjoy signing autographs.

**Side note - MLBDaddy has two pieces of signed memorabilia in his possession 1) A Kirby Puckett rookie card 2) a signed Kevin Tapani card and baseball that I picked up at a Twins signing in the White Bear Lake Napa Auto Parts store. Yes, you read that correctly, I got Tapani's autograph at the Napa Auto Parts store, whassup!

One of Pat's favorite players is Kirby Puckett. Pat wishes Kirby didn't eat so much fried chicken, and MLBDaddy seconds that thought. I wonder if Pat cried the day Kirby died like MLBDaddy did.

So let's review. Fifth grade girls are annoying and Justin Morneau has slightly less home run power than the fifth hitter in the CSS lineup. Thank god Justin's games are not being broadcast on a network called Versus. Pat is an autograph signing machine who enjoyed MLBDaddy's all-time favorite player Kirby Puckett.

Happy voting!

14 comments:

jenny said...

i'm voting for justin because he played hockey in high school, he graduated in '99, and he's from canada. :)

Anonymous said...

Justin. He's hot.

Anonymous said...

An addendum...Pat's blog is blindingly red, and uncommentable, so I will never read it again.
Where's the rap?

Tres Quatro said...

Justin, he is hot, Krash is sweeter, he is a hackey, hackey, hackey player that probably dated a canadian prom queen, A Rod is cooler and pat still dominates the yanks with his ugly arm angle

Anonymous said...

i'm voting for pat. any major league player that has his mom drive him to his game has got to be pretty cool.

Mel said...

Justin. Any baseball player that not only also played hockey but was a goalie is definately gonna get my vote.

Anonymous said...

justin....

beanski said...

Justin. I won't say why.

Anonymous said...

Pat gets my vote any pro ball player that can't out hit some little college kid should not move on.

Lewy 8

Anonymous said...

Morneau.

Anonymous said...

Pat, because he shares the first name of my favorite son-in-law, and because of the fact that Justin DID play that other sport that Duluthians are so over-addicted to. The NAPA parts store card signing was indeed something special.

Anonymous said...

I vote Neshek even though he got dominated in his tv commercial.

-Krash

Anonymous said...

I vote for Justin. I never have liked side-arm pitchers. Pat looks weird when pitching.

Tony Gjerdahl said...

I'm voting for Pat. He's so dreamy...