Wednesday, June 11, 2008

An Ode to Summer

Its been awhile since I've done an ode, so here goes...

It is only a few months out of the year,
a time of warmth is very near.
It has been cold and my yard is muddy,
Some towns around here are floody floody.

You wouldn't guess it by recent weather,
It makes me feel like a bird without feathers.
But a turnaround is sure to come,
Summer is coming lets drink some rum.

Why does sun burn have to hurt,
Beejo buries flowers in special dirt.
She says it will help to make them grow,
I argue: How the heck do you really know?

Then with some rain and a little sun,
Up come the flowers and oh what fun.
She proves me wrong time after time,
My Lyrical flow is full of rhyme.

When the weather is nice we go outside,
MLB has a sweet new slide.
He likes to ride it up or down,
Carrot Top is a freakin clown.

Golf rules but my swing is bad,
the Twins 6 game losing streak is quite sad.
June 21st is the first day of the season,
Sir Walter Raleigh was convicted of treason.

Summer is a time for BAR-B-Q,
whats your favorite brand of shoe?
I like to make a good burger or steak,
Sheryl Crow sang about her Favorite mistake.

A time to swim or fish or camp,
Duluth is jacking the prices in the parking ramp.
And what's up with the price of oil?
I think we can blame all the world turmoil.

It's not like I'm going green,
But 4 bucks a gallon is pretty obscene.
At least there is some good news,
Torii dug up some old dead shrews.

I'm not here to get you depressed,
but things these days seem a mess.
So let's be happy and keep a smile,
It's gonna be summer for a very short while.

No comments: