Friday, November 21, 2008

An Ode to Turkey Day

T-Giving comes around once a year,
I'm thankful that it's almost here.
Time to stuff our faces with eats,
Mashed potatoes, stuffing, and beets.

Tears of joy many cry,
When they see the pumpkin pie
Thats not me - I like the main course,
Mr. Ed was a talking horse.

Around the table is where we'll be,
MLBMommy, the fam and little Squirmy.
How great it is to be together,
Even with the colder weather.

Bring out the sweet potatos and the corn
Somali pirates are terrorizing the Horn (Of Africa)
But do not fret there is more to come,
Veggies, salads and apple dum dums.

So many things to be thankful for,
Uncork the wine (POP), now pour!
Raise your glasses one and all,
Black Friday's tomorrow, avoid the mall.

After the meal unbuckle the belt,
Odiforous offerings ready to be dealt.
Sit down to watch the football game,
Lions lose again, what a shame.

Drink some beers and take a nap,
Squirmy G has prepared a rap.
Here it goes there is nothing like it,
Listen up... the kid is going to Mic it.

He does a good job and is ready to lie down,
what buried treasures are waiting to be found.
Ok I stole that line from an MLB book,
the kid don't care, just give him his Nuk.

This poem is getting a bit off topic,
It's bordering on the catostrophic.
This might not make sense, and might be lame,
I hope you read it just the same.

I just want to let you all know,
that I'm thankful and very much so.
I have a great family and many good friends,
A streak of good luck that hopefully never ends.

I'm thankful for this, and thankful for that,
Too much to eat and I'll get fat.
Turkey day is running through my head,
Later fools, time to 30 Day Shred.

No comments: