Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shreddin

I'm back.

Is a man that works out to a girly workout tape less of a man? Let's discuss.

This evening I did Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" with MLBMommy. It was a brutal ass kicking, the likes of which I haven't received since running fart licks during 8th grade basketball practice. (Sidenote: A fart lick is a running drill in which every member of a team jogs around the gym in a line. Upon the coaches whistle blow, the player at the end of the line has to sprint to the front of the line and become the line leader. Everyone else is supposed to try to lick your fart as you run by. At least that's why I always thought it was called that, I could be wrong??)

Anyways, I spent about 25 minutes of my night shreddin. Totally shreddin dudes. Now my arms feel like Jell-O, my stomach is upset, and I have the shakes. I think I qualify as out of shape.

But let’s get to the heart of the conversation here. Can I get away with doing the “30 Day Shred” for the entire 30 days or shall I stop myself while I still slightly resemble a male? Keep in mind that the workout involves, shadow jump roping, “butt kicks”, jumping jacks, bicycle crunches and much more. I don’t know a lot of dudes that will subject themselves to doing workout tapes, especially a workout that from all outward appearances seems to be targeted at chicks. How many of you fellas out there have done “butt kicks” before?

That’s what I thought.

I think I will stick to the regimen, please talk me out of it… just 29 days to go!


Mmmk, bye!

6 comments:

Gabe said...

please do it and when you are done, will you and MLBMommy send it over here so I can get in on that squat?

Anonymous said...

This is nothing. Pat has done Ohm Yoga before to a CD.

Anonymous said...

that is total bs. i couldn't do a downward dog if you paid me.

Anonymous said...

"if i've got 400 pound people that can do jumping jacks, SO CAN YOU."

you better keep shreddin dude, i don't know many guys who will subject themselves to having a wife with bigger pipes than they do.

also, i'm confused about the part where you say "shall I stop myself while I still slightly resemble a male?". i'm pretty sure jillian can out-resemble a male or two.

jenny said...

i hate fartlicks with a passion. i think we all need our butt kicked by jillian. oh, and it's good to know you're workin' on your fitness.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back. I expected a bit more fanfare to mark the occasion.