Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Fan of the Game, And My Little Slugger

Max is my favorite thing in this world.

This blog got its name from my kid. My kid got his name mostly from his mommy (who I better say is also my favorite thing or I might get into some trouble). We both liked the name Max. Looking back on it, I think the name was just sort of thrown out there one day and it kinda stuck. I recall walking around the house using all sorts of names as we had fake dialogue amongst ourselves...

"Jacob, its time for dinner."
"Ty, don't put that in your mouth"
"Quentin, if you are going to pull the dogs hair, you'll find yourself in timeout."

Like I said, Max just sorta stuck.

His full name is Maxwell Lucas Berrisford, which makes his initials MLB, which just happens to also be an acronym for another one of my favorite things in the world. Major League Baseball. Coincidence? Sorta, not really, I don't know. It's not like we woke up one morning and said, "lets give our kid the initials MLB because that would be SUPER SWEET!" Naw, that's not how it went down at all. The initials pretty much just fell into place on their own, and just happened to be SUPER SWEET on their own.

I love baseball and I'm a fan of Major League Baseball. Ask the wife, she'll tell you it's one of the few things in this world I'm passionate about. The Twins are my squad. You'll probably find some commentary here about the team from time to time. Who's excited?

Anyways, Maxwell Lucas Berrisford and Major League Baseball are two of my favorite things. I'm a daddy. Hence the blog name MLBDaddy.

Before I go I wanted to give you a preview of how I hope things consistently shake out on MLBDaddy. Here is a tentative plan that is open to suggestion for improvement...

Mondays - Odes (I will write odes about various persons, places and things)
Wednesdays - What's Cooler? (I will pick two persons, places or things and discuss which I think is cooler)
Fridays - I Bet You Didn't Know (I will attempt to inform the masses about facts that few know)

The rest of my posts will like be random and varying and most likely more pointless babble. Buh-Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randy Moss's team just lost. His sport is mercifully over for the season. Both facts pain me terribly--NOT!! Bring on the MLB season. Welcome to the blogging world--I will be closely watching your updates because I align myself with at least a few topics you consider favorites.