Monday, February 4, 2008

An Ode To Johan Santana


There was once a cool dude named Johan Santana.
Now he is lame like Hanna Montana.

Oh Johan we surely will miss you
and my sister would probably kiss you.

You have dazzled our eyes and made us fans.
To watch you, I would always change my plans.

I remember when you were a reliever,
and made yourself a master deceiver.

You earned your way into the starting rotation,
and we cheered you with many an ovation.

Now your an established player,
and probably would win if you ran for mayor.

You baffled hitters with all of your pitches,
And have gone from rags to riches.

You have made so many players wiff,
they leave the plate without a sniff.

I thought you would take us all the way,
but now you have left and I have nothing to say.

You're gone for the 'Big Stage' of New York,
the latest twenty-two million a year dork.

I used to think that you were the best,
but now your just another buster wearing a vest.

Oh how I wish you'd have stayed here to win,
you were one hell of a Minnesota Twin.

5 comments:

Tres Quatro said...

nice poemo
you homo;

you will still cheer for johana
when the yanks hit a grand slamma;

not sure if this is a stanza
but that trade got me goin banannaz

Jaime Cox said...

Good Lord... You are a crazy BLOGGER. This blogging is totally up your alley!!! Haha.... Are you just in competition with your wife?

Ok, I LOVE the blog name. Good job. And I think your sentences are correct. Maybe TOO correct:)

I think I'm going to add you to my list and watch you and Kim compete for the best blog! You guys rock!

mlbdaddy said...

I dont think it would be much of a competition seeing as she has years of experience and I'm new to the game. Plus, she has pictures of babies and lets face it, people want to see pictures of babies. Also, she could make a strong argument that the only reason my blog has a chance to be successful is because I am pirating all of her readers. Go ahead and add a link to MLBDaddy. P.S. You should see the sweet website I made for the WreckLess Driving Academy. :)

Janell said...

Glad to see you've joined the blog world...wow, and you're a poet too! Pretty impressive!

Unknown said...

Every single time the Twins get a high-profile player they have to let them go.. Just a matter of time before Mauer, Morneau, and anyone else making over 500k are gone.

Cheap bastard that Pollad is.