Thursday, February 14, 2008

Let's Sign Livan?

Livan Hernandez is fat, old, and can't get guys out.

I'm begining to question if Bill Smith can do this job. An MLBDaddy inside source informed me after hearing Smith speak at a recent coaches clinic that I should be very concerned with the Jag who is running my favorite team.

Do you think Smith watched any Twins games last year? Is it possible he didn't know that Sidney Ponson and Ramon Ortiz were on the team? Did he not watch them give up more runs and look more pathetic than Ferd Fredrickson did in his last outing in the Arrowhead league?

I'm not sure how many washed up old guys that can't get outs it takes to prove that washed up old guys can't get outs, but it appears the Twins are trying to find out. This free agent signing is so meaningless and wrong that I even preempted talking about it to discuss Man Bags and Fanny packs. That's sad.

After having a few days to think about it and a chance to read what the experts have to say, I hate this signing. I think it is pretty obvious that the Twins are going to struggle to compete this year given the youth and inexperience of their starting rotation. That is a statement that I don't want to have to repeat again at the start of next season. The only way that I won't repeat it is if the team decides to give innings to their young guys who need to learn how to get outs, instead of to old guys who can't get outs.

Hernandez is a good signing for a team that needs a 4th or 5th starter to solidify a playoff caliber rotation. The Twins are far from that. I wish they would trust the talent they have and let it develop.

Also, I wish I could get $5 million to throw 85 mph, be fat, old, and not get guys out.

2 comments:

anne said...

I agree that this Livan character is fat, old, and not good looking. He should not be on the Twins. They get rid of Hottie Numero Uno and bring aboard this doof? Please.

Kim said...

i agree with it all. especially the part about you getting paid five mil to throw 85.