Monday, November 16, 2009

The Greatest Blog Post I've Ever Read and 5 Answers

You can find my fav blog post ever here. I'll reread it a few times, let it sink in for a bit, and then add some commentary in the days to come.

Today I'll answer questions 1-5 of my previous post.

1). Would you commit perjury in court to save a friend or family member?
I wish I could say that I would do the right thing here, to uphold the law no matter what the circumstances, but I'm quite sure that under the right conditions I would attempt to lie my way through questioning to save someone I loved. I would mostly likely really suck at it and probably end up looking like a fool and then be locked away just like the family member, but hey, at least then we'd be in it together.

2). If your wife was a photographer, and she had a passion for it, greatly enjoyed taking pictures, and it was her most beloved hobby, yet you thought her pictures really sucked, would you tell her, or just keep your thoughts to yourself?
Holy cripe did I ever take the heat for this question. People let's be real for a moment, this question was PURELY hypothetical. I love the heck out of my wife's pictures. I like them so much that I can't believe I haven't been fired yet for spending half my day at work looking at the pics MLBMommy takes of the kids.

But let's break down the real question at hand here. Should you or should you not tell your spouse when they suck at something? My thought is this. I understand the whole, you need to be supportive blah blah blah crap, which yeah, I agree with that, its good to be supportive. But if you really do suck at something, wouldn't you rather hear about it from the person that knows you best? I guess I would. For example, the other week MLBMommy told me I'm really annoying when I clean the house because I get bossy and anal and such. So what did I do? I thought about it for a bit, and haven't cleaned a thing since. Did she hurt my feelings? No. I wasn't crushed. I used her criticisms and adjusted accordingly. Thanks girl!

3). In what room would you be most comfortable...
ROOM A - Filled with 10 puffy vest wearing soccer moms
ROOM B - Filled with 10 Project Runway watching soccer moms
ROOM C - Filled with 10 baseball hating soccer moms
This is a really tough one for me. First of all, being stuck anywhere with 10 moms, whether they are puffy vest wearers, Project Runway lovers, or baseball haters, would be a challenge in and of itself. I went with the process of elimination here. First I pictured myself sitting a room filled with puffy vests. I look left, a puffy vest. I look right, a puffy vest. I started breaking out in a cold sweat just imaging this. I'm pretty sure I would have a break down. So I crossed Room A off the list. Next, I imagined being in a room filled with 10 soccer moms discussing the latest episode of the most cousin robby show I have ever seen. Seriously here people, not a chance, not a way, not no how, nope, naw, none for me thanks I pass. That show is lamer than the Yankees, well maybe not quite, but close. So I crossed Room B off the list. Which left Room C, which is my selection. I think I could entertain myself in this room by attempting to turn the baseball hating soccer mom's into lovers of the game by filling their heads with tales of the sleek, stylish and smooth Joe Mauer and the cool, charismatic, and canadian Justin Morneau. And if that failed, I'd probably mix in a word or two about Nicky Punto to see where that got me.

4). Who is your all time favorite Minnesota Twin?
#34, The center fielder KIIIIIIIIIIIIRBY PUCKETT. I also like his nickname, Turkey Bucket.

5). What is the dumbest question you have ever been asked in an interivew?
This is no joke. I interviewed for this position at this place that builds airplanes once and the HR woman who did part of the interview asked me: "If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be and why?" I thought that kind of stuff only happened in movies. My answer: A banana because I'm tall and skinny.

Questions 6-10 to be answered another day.

1 comment:

leeks said...

Funny, when I ask people the fruit questions, I use a veggie instead. It really throws people off their game, plus I have had two people say I don't want to be a veggie. The interview was over after that comment.